The basic gif creation flow in Giffer goes something like this:
- Open the app and tap the " + " button toward the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the camera's red shutter button for every frame you'd like to appear in the animation. For example, tap the shutter 10 times for a 10 frame animation. Tap the button to the left of the red shutter button to add frames from existing photos or videos. Tap and hold your finger anywhere on the main camera screen to continuously record new frames. Frame thumbnails will appear toward the bottom of the screen, above the camera controls. The tiny grey boxes under the frame thumbnails show the total amount of frames you've captured. Due to gif file size, memory usage, and speed concerns, Giffer limits animations to 40 frames. Giffer Pro has an 80 frame limit.
- Tap the green play button (in the bottom right of the screen) to preview the animation. Adjust the speed by dragging the slider control that appears just above the frame thumbnails.
- Tap the green check mark button in the top right of the screen. Giffer will compile the GIF file and bring you to the "save & share" screen. Tap one of the save buttons to save your GIF to the camera roll, or tap one of the social networks you'd like to share to.
- Tap "Done" when you're finished to start over from the home screen.